2.02.2011

Do You Need a Little Surrealism in Your Day Today?

Image from Access Bollywood
My uncle spotted this on Twitter and sent it my way... I have to admit this is the weirdest, craziest, strangely funniest thing I've ever seen.  Turns out it's from a Tamil movie, Endhiran, based on the worst big-budget sci-fi films ever made in Hollywood, all at once.  Aishwarya Rai does pop up from time to time to say "Oh!" but that's about the extent of her role (I hope they paid her well).  As for the actual clip well, ignore the first minute or so and you'll see what I'm talking about:

http://www.myextralife.com/sitenews/the-greatest-thing-you-will-ever-see-ever/

Apparently the content of the actual movie is a bit problematic, as reviewed on Access Bollywood.  But for now I think we can focus on the sheer over-the-topness of the action.  Apparently the movie did well in India.  I hope the special effects folks got a piece of the profits because they were certainly working way overtime on this one!