1.12.2011

Teen Patti Review

Honestly, I should have known better.  Any movie that features Amitabh Bachchan on the front cover with really strange hair is definitely a no go.  But I was tempted by the idea that Ben Kingsley was in the movie, so I figured it couldn't be too bad.  I'm also always interested in Bollywood movies that "borrow heavily" from Hollywood movies... and I'd seen a really bad Kevin Spacey movie about MIT students gaming Las Vegas.  I know.  That's three reasons not to have watched it.  But I did.  It was bad.  It was mildly entertaining watching Amitabh Bachchan with math equations floating around his head, and the cast ended up in some rather strange places playing cards, but the tease of the Shakespearean overtones turned out just to be that... a tease.  Safe to avoid this movie.